Moving homes can be a hectic and unorganized mess. Here are a few tips to help facilitate your move easier and keep all the moving parts working together!
1- Two Months Before Moving Day:
- Determine your moving date and book a moving company.
- Sort and declutter your belongings.
- Start packing non-essential items.
2- One Month Before Moving Day:
- Notify your utility companies and other service providers about your move.
- Arrange to transfer your internet, cable, and phone services.
- Notify your bank and credit card companies about your change of address.
- Obtain packing supplies and start packing more of your belongings.
3- Two Weeks Before Moving Day:
- Confirm your moving date with the moving company.
- Arrange to have time off from work for the moving day.
- Confirm the details of the move with the moving company.
- Start packing up your kitchen and other essential items.
4- One Week Before Moving Day:
- Make sure all of your packing is finished.
- Pack a separate box with essentials for the first night in your new home.
- Clean your old home and schedule any necessary repairs or maintenance.
5- Moving Day:
- Verify that the movers have the correct address.
- Do a walkthrough of your old home to ensure nothing has been left behind.
- Do a walkthrough of your new home to ensure everything has been moved in.
- Unpack your essentials box.
6- After Moving Day:
- Update your address with the post office, and important accounts.
- Set up new accounts and services, if necessary.
- Register your vehicle if you moved to a new state.
- Get familiar with your new community and explore your new surroundings.
Moving can be stressful, but by following this checklist, you can ensure that you're organized and prepared for every step of the process. Good luck with your move!